Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Coming Tidal Wave of Concern regarding Online Personal Data.....

Consumers are worried.

Worried about what the implications, now that the INTERNET has become such a ingrained part of our daily lives.


There are THREE main parties involved with PERSONAL DATA.

* Consumers (Example -- YOU)
* Websites/Publishers (Example -- Yahoo)
* Advertiser's (Example - Lower My Bills)

CONSUMER QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:
"How is my personal information being used?"

"Is this recent phenomenom called the "web/internet", compromising my personal information?"





Now here is the questions for Websites, affectionately known in the industry - as PUBLISHERS.

WEBSITE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:
"Am I getting my maximum return from Advertising revenue from my site?"

"Is there a way to better to use my Website, to PLEASE my visitors? Can I make their Advertising experience while on MY SITE, more relevant, less intrusive, and more valuable to my precious visitors? CAN I DRIVE MORE REVENUE?


Here is the Questions for ADVERTISER's, looking to reach consumers, (you) on while on your favorite websites, and INTERACT WITH THEIR (the advertisers) BRAND.

ADVERTISER QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:
"Can I get a consumers to signup, or buy my product for a realistic acquistion price?"

"Is the internet a vehicle to move my product, or service, and can it be a sustainable model to help my business grow?"

You see the USE OF DATA, means different things to all three parties.

Consumers want to protect their personal information.
Websites want to make as much money as possible, and grow their traffic.
Advertisers want to generate business from the web.

This is ALL ABOUT DATA.


The questions is -- how do you address ALL THREE - in a manner that benefits ALL OF THEM, and create a surge of benefits for all involved?

The answer is making the whole process TRANSPARENT.

Treat DATA from all three groups above, the way that the financial market treats:
* a buyer of stock
* a seller of stock
* the actual company being traded

ALL OF THIS IN A EXCHANGE.

OPEN. Honest.

Where consumers control which (particuliar) ADVERTISERS CAN SEE THEIR PERSONAL INFO.
Where websites control their ACTUAL VALUE OF THEIR ADVERTISING, (based on REAL VALUE, and not some deflated CPM)
Where advertisers can CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN, and in a scalable environment, BUY ACTIONS (Leads, Sales, Branding) from websites.

Similiar to the financial model - but applying it to something as valuable as financial information.

DATA.

The company is called ROOT. CLICK HERE.

http://root.net/

Create a vault for yourself.

The concept is solid, and I believe their model will be HUGE part of the future of data, online advertising and targeting, for all THREE parties.

When you find a SOLUTION, (or a company creates one, and is executing on it) that "lifts all boats" -- it's a solid plan - and one that I SUPPORT.

Go Root.

Identify the Issue == "The Use of Data."
Address it, and Execute on the plan.
Create Benefits for all involved.

You get HUGE VALUE -- and a win.

That's what ROOT is doing.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home