Monday, April 16, 2007

New Insights from Web 2.0 Expo.......

Spent the last 3 days in Seatlle, with family - and now, I'm blogging from the Web 2.0 expo in San Francisco.

I'm sitting in a conference on:

"How Web 2.0 is Transforming Traditional Media.".

Very interesting discussion about innovation in a changing landscape. I'm sitting next to a large Brand Manager who is taking copious notes, and hanging on every word......he has not stopped scribiling in his notebook......

My question sitting here (in my head) is:
"Doesn't everyone in the online media/internet business, (especially large brands) understand how the landscape has evolved, and what those implications are, and may be as it relates to their brand?"


I've realized that there is a huge opportunity around, EDUCATING big companies on Web 2.0.

+Not from a ad agency Point of view
+Not from a big media (publisher) POV

But, from teaching and showing top companies how to embrace Media 2.0, become part of the communication flow - and enriching their brand.

That is becoming our primary focus when we talk to advertisers at Lotame. Its a learning that was not in my original business plan, but it is part of my process now.

More to come from SF.....

Andy
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Lazar said...

The SEM community has started to do this...

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since these large conferences happen only annually or semi-annually there seems to be a gap in how people learn about the rapid changes. Could Lotame sponsor a news letter educating brand managers and rest of us on whats happening and what is different this month from last. Lotame could take the lead in 2.0 continuing education. "The 2.0 New" brought to you Lotame-stay on the cutting edge.
p-luv

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to relay my thoughts on Lotame's solution-put simply its fascinating and brilliant. I see Lotame growing, and growing, and growing, I forgot to mention growing. With all the hype & growth in social networks, publishers, Ad companies etc. like Facebook, MySpace, eHarmony, DoubleClick, Right Media, Vendare, Advertising.com, heck the list is endless and in the association with the on-coming of Web 2.0 and so forth. it is so simple to realize and see the potential\ current demand for their solution. My only wish is I was onboard for the ride-in the sales game-and had the knowledge to come up with it myself. Andy from what I have read and learned of Lotame's solution and the team you guys are going far; which I'm sure you realize.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I would share this with everyone on this blog. Do not buy web2submitter until you read this review. Yesterday I decided to buy the web2submitter . My decision was first of all based upon that web 2.0 is a very interesting method to get new visitors, by that I mean to attract new visitors from the various social networking sites.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home