Friday, September 22, 2006


Sundown Tonight.....

As many of you know, tonight at sundown marks the beginning of Rosh Hashanah. (The Jewish New Year)

Tonight, and for 10 days (after this evening) - begins the time where all the things that will transpire for the year, will be transcribed in the, "book of life."

Our fate, our path for health, success and challenges are decreed in the "book of life."

Multiple times over this holiday we say the following.
"Who shall live, who shall die. Who by fire, who by water.....etc."


I guess all religions are strange - and the Jewish faith calls this our - "high holy days" (for a reason)

The YEAR IS LAID OUT, in your book of life.

I'd like to wish and pray, on a few things for my Jewish, and non-Jewish friends on this holiday.

1) I wish peace and prosperity, to all people who desire to live side by side, whether they share the same religious values or not.


2) I pray for the safety of our citizens in the USA, and our soldiers in harms way.

3) I pray that many Americans will be able to identify evil, and not shy away from understanding that there are people who want to inflict many more 9-11's on the rest of our people......(I pray for the strength of these people to come up with a solid plan on how to deal with it -- rather than simply ignore it and wish it away)

4) I pray for the people and children in the United States, who feel insecure, or are hungry - or who are in a tough situation by no fault of their own. This is a big one for me.

5) I pray for the safety of Israel and her people. I pray that if a enemy attacks Israel i nthe coming year - that the enemies BEST DAY, will be the day BEFORE they attacked the State of Israel. In other words, any further aggression will be met with a response so devastating that it will create deterrence, to save future innocent Israeli lives.

6) I pray that Israel elects leaders who will understand the nature of the enemy, and not give away land to appease a religion or people who are liars, and seek to destroy the country.

7) I pray for all the people in the Mid-East to desire to live in peace, and embrace co-existence.

8) I pray for STRENGTH for ALL of us to deal with all that will transpire in the coming year.

We eat apples and honey to ring in a SWEET year for us all......

May your "book of life" be filled with AMAZING, sweet and joyous happenings to come.

L'Shana Tova - to a GOOD YEAR.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

L'Shana Tova Andy.

Weissman

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home