Sunday, August 06, 2006




A Hero in EVERY IMAGINABLE WAY.

Michael Levin.

Words cannot express the "loss and hurt" his family must feel.

"Levin, 21, was one of three soldiers killed Tuesday in clashes with Hizbullah in the southern Lebanese village of Aita al-Shaab. An immigrant from the United States, he had been living in Israel for the last three years."


"Levin died instantly when an antitank shell struck a building he was searching, Schnitzer said. His death came two weeks after he prematurely ended a three-week visit with his family in Holland, Bucks County, eager to rejoin his comrades in battle."

I write this with a VERY heavy heart.

His BIO in the Philadelphia Inquirer is HERE.

Jerusalem Post did a piece - with comments from around the world, at the bottom of the article - which can be found HERE.

Michael Levin was from the suburbs of Philadelphia. He followed his heart to his true calling. DEFENDING THE STATE OF ISRAEL.

A 22 year old who loved Israel.

I send my condolences to his family and friends.

I also say - THANK YOU - to Michael Levin, in both words and emotions that I cannot express adequately. His life, and stature to me is much more than simple words. His sacrifice and HEROISM, is larger than life. He was a SPECIAL, and RARE human being.

I never knew him.



Michael Levin. A True Hero.

Am Yisrael' Chai.

Thanks to my friend, Jared Polin for making me aware of this. Jared was a friend of Michael Levin's from High School. The photo above was taken by Jared in High School.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home