Friday, January 19, 2007

New Hires at a Startup....

This past week, we have begun to take our company from a, "ripple to big ripple."

We hired some VERY talented folks, and we move into our new office on Feb 1, 2007.

I've attached a picture below of Devin and Scott Hoffman... (from yesterday) we went to our new space, to scope out our furniture plans, and layout for our IKEA delivery..

NO CUBES - open desks..... I am a big believer in large open spaces, this fosters sharing of ideas, without walls between creative people -- and WHITE BOARDS on every wall around the room.

The 1st 10 hires in a new technology company are BEYOND critical. We have interviewed many people who just dont display one major characteristic that I believe is easy to spot.

Being a Self Starter....and running with the proverbial - "ball."
I'm pretty sure the characteristic of "self starter" is not something that can be taught.... Thankfully, with our 1st 6 hires, we have not had to find out.

I'm thrilled about our team, our focus, our strategy -- and most of all, this unique culture that our employees are creating. More pics to follow of our space, our move -- and our, WAR ROOM meetings. Rock on,




Devin Rust and Scott Hoffman

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya Andy, the latest company I've been involved with is a believer in large open spaces as well. I've also brought them the "war room" which I think they have adapted to their business quite nicely. Although I still can't get them to blast the a-team theme song each morning before the start.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the hires! Must be an incredibly exciting time right now.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know

should it not, for consistency, be "wanna"?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home