Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Momentum in a Bottle......

When starting a new business, I have found one of the most crucial elements, to early success, is "momentum."

There is no one next to you to push you a bit.

There is no one, as VESTED and enthused as you are in this new idea, that is about to be unleashed on the world.

Only you.

It is lonely.

But the loneliness of one's ideas, is only matched by the same feelings of, DREAMS AND EXPECTATIONS OF SUCCESS.

Success is uniquely defined.

(I plan on sharing what I view as success, as I've personally defined it for myself, in this new business)

But, my point is, without SELF MOMENTUM, very little else can be accomplished.

As an example......

I pitched less than 8 friends on this idea that I have been focused on building. The person that provided me early momentum, (and I can't thank him enough EY) was the first of my angel investors to believe in me, and say.

"You have my commitment to help you fund your first round, because I believe in you."

Or the new hire, who leaves a steady, safe and comfortable job, TO JOIN MY STARTUP....

These things provide me momentum.

They come from, the outside......but I'm adjusting and adapting at turning them into my personal motivation.....or momentum.

The momentum and positive energy of, BELIEF.

Its worth more than any amount of money. Worth more than gold.

Momentum is the key ingredient that helps a new company, and assists a good concept, evolve into a VALUE DRIVEN ORGANIZATON.....

I have many goals, and one is to make sure our work culture is all about, good momentum.

My investors, and my employees are the source of positive energy, which I have defined here as, momentum.

I cannot thank them enough.

Make sure your organization has it. If it does not, help them get it (or recapture it)

If it is a lost cause (regaining momentum) think about your place of work......make it better.

You owe it to your company.

But honestly, you owe it to yourself a lot more.

Momentum in a Bottle.......comes from many places around us all.

Recognize them, and find more people to drive your personal, MOMENTUM.

Andy
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

2 Comments:

Blogger fred said...

starting a company is the one of the hardest things you can do, particularly if you are doing it solo. because you have to convince everyone to believe in you and your idea.

that's why i hate it when people want to kick out the founder to bring in a "world class CEO".

the founder is the DNA of companies. cut that out and you usually cut out the soul of the company.

but it also means the founder needs to be welcoming to take whatever role is most suitable for them to take as the company grows.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post Andy. I think Emerson said something to the effect that nothing great was ever attained without enthusiasm, so you are off to a great start.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home