Monday, August 28, 2006

The Evolution of this Blog......

It's time to review, chart and execute the plan for, "You Aint Gonna Learn What You Don't Wanna Know."

First off, I want to thank those of you who have been reading my opinions, viewing my music.....and checking out the links that I deem important. Thank you as well, for glancing at my photography, as I especially love to post pictures that I find to be appealing.......

But now, I have the urge to chart the course for where I'd like this blog to venture.

It may be a bit different....

It may not be.....

What I do now know, is that I feel as though (right or wrong) I sold myself a bit short, as it relates to this blog that I have built.

I have relied too much on a topic that has fueled anger, and driven too much negative energy......

"The MiddleEast, and Israel's place in a troubled region, side by side with a turbulent religion, bent on world domination, and destruction of those not in compliance with Islamic Law."

The quote above, I view as a "well" to dip into intellectually. The well is deep, complex, and it is NEVER DIFFICULT to pull up a bucket full of thoughts, regarding Islam's conflict with the entire world, or Israel's struggle to live in a rough and tough neighborhood, called the Mid-East.

It is too easy.

I've cheated you.

More importantly, I've really, "sold myself short" when it comes to why I created this blog.

Thus......the EXECUTION of where I want to take, "You Aint Gonna Learn What You Don't Wanna Know."

I have started a internet technology business focused on leveraging relationships inside of, "social networks."

The name of the company is, Lotame.

Our interface is here:
www.localtargetmedia.com

The name Lotame is derived from the 1st three letters of the above URL.

I am going through the process of hiring, raising money, and working through legal nuances of funding and structuring a business properly.

It is new, fun, tiring and challenging.

I have no idea if it will be nearly as successful as the previous start-up that I worked at, Advertising.com, but I am going to give it every ounce of energy in my being, to accomplish a primary goal.

"Create value for both clients, and shareholders, and hire the best people who want to work hard, play hard, and have fun."

I want this blog to evolve into my experiences of being a "first time entreprenuer" and anonomous experiences encountered during this process, of building Lotame into a world class technology company.

Emphasis on ANONIMITY. No names will be attached....but I would like a forum to share "non-confidential" interactions.

There is plenty to write about thus far....egos, challenges, relationships, missed expectations, celebration and dissapointment.......

This is part of the course I'd like to chart moving forward.....

You will still see the occasional post on Israel. If Israel is the reason you visit this blog, please shoot me a email. I send out a weekly (sometimes bi-weekly email) with updates, links and stories on Israel that I feel are important.

Israel and her challenges will still be posted on this blog, BUT FAR LESS IN FREQUENCY......

Starting a business, stories I experienced, challenges - wins and losses will be the force of my blog post and "keyboard driven energy", moving forward.

Music, tid-bits, and photos will be on the docket as well.

I appreciate your reading my blog. The traffic here has steadily grown, and I'm beyond thankful.........

"You Aint Gonna Learn What You Don't Want To Know....."

Its true, and right here it is evolving into Stage Two, of blogging evolution.

Stay tuned to new flavors, new ingredients.....pulled up from, MY CREATIVE WELL OF THOUGHTS AND IDEAS.

I owe it to me, and to you.

Did I ever tell you that I miss, Jerry Garcia?

I do.

Thanks, and rock on.

Andy
(Posted from a white chair near the beach in Cape Cod, while pondering life and all its crazy twists and turns)

AM

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to participating.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Rock on, Andy!

Best wishes with Lotame, too.

2:25 PM  
Blogger fred said...

blogs need balance.

sounds like you are seeing that and making the right choice.

good move

6:58 AM  
Blogger Rob Deichert Jr said...

Andy - Congrats on the venture.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home